Acupuncture & Wellness of Wisconsin
Dear Valued Patients:
Thank you so much for your patience, understanding, and support during these new and challenging times. It has been months since I made the difficult decision to temporarily suspend in-person patient visits at Acupuncture & Wellness of Wisconsin. I made this choice to reduce the risk of spreading Covid-19 while I learned how to adapt to these new circumstances. As you know, I treat many patients with compromised immune function, so it is especially important to mitigate as much risk as possible for you and for the sake of all of my patients.
In the time that I have been closed, I have been implementing some changes that I would like to share with you. It is my commitment to do everything I can to keep all of my patients as safe and healthy as possible. Here is what I have been doing at the office in the time since we were last together:
- I have redesigned the flow in the office. When you arrive, please only bring necessary items in from your car. I ask that you please wear a mask until you are in the treatment room, and wash your hands at the in-office sink when you come in. If you do not have a mask, a reusable fabric mask will be provided for $10
- If you have ANY signs of illness within 24 hours prior to your treatment, let me know as soon as possible, and please stay home. As always, there will be no cancellation fee for appointments missed due to illness.
- You may notice an addition to my wardrobe. For the time being, I will be wearing a lab coat when treating patients. Lab coats will stay at the office and be washed regularly along with all other linens used for the day. I will also be wearing a mask the entire time you are here.
- Office hours will be changing. For the time being I will be replacing evening hours with hours on the weekend to accommodate work schedules. Updated hours will be Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday from 11am to 3pm.
- I will continue offering tele-health appointments for existing patients to manage your nutrition, supplements, wellness and lifestyle goals, and coaching or guided meditation sessions as well.
- I have added wipeable vinyl table covers over the heating pads on the treatment tables as well as vinyl pillow cases on all pillows. I have also acquired wipeable wedge pillows for additional comfort. This measure allows me to provide you with the most comfortable experience, while also being able to ensure a higher standard of cleaning. When you come in, you will notice the blankets and top sheets have been removed, and a fitted sheet on the treatment table topped with a fabric-like disposable cover that you’ll lay on top of. As always, sheets will be changed and washed daily. Instead of the regular knit blankets you’ve gotten used to, we will use top sheets, heating pads, and heat lamps to keep you cozy and relaxed during your treatment.
- I have removed some of the decorative touches and back-up supplies in the treatment rooms to limit the amount of unnecessary “touchable stuff” in the room. The rooms will still be welcoming and cozy with the art on the walls, but they will look a little bit different when you come in for your treatments.
- I have added a germicidal UV-C HEPA air filter into each treatment room, and it will run the entire time you are in your treatment. The HEPA filter removes dust, pollen, allergens, and other impurities from the air, while the UV-C light renders bacteria and viruses inert. This will allow you to remove your mask during treatment, if you are comfortable doing so. My mask will stay on for the duration of our time together.
- I have added a community treatment room dedicated specifically to family members and health care workers. This room can accommodate three people at a time, and for the time being will be reserved for patients who either live or work together. All the same risk-mitigating factors will be applied to this room, with the additional request that patients who do not live in the same home wear masks during treatments.
Other things I have been doing that might interest you:
- I have created Acu-Sans, a CDC compliant hand sanitizer. Made with alcohol, aloe, and a signature blend of essential oils, this will leave your hands sanitized, soft, and smelling great.
- I started making fabric face masks. A variety of designs and patterns are available. If you need a facemask, I will make you one! Both facemasks and hand sanitizer are available to purchase or sponsor. Sponsored items will be donated to an essential worker or health care practitioner.
- I have started a podcast called The Health of the People where I am taking myself on as a patient and sharing my experiences and expertise along the way. Listen on your preferred podcast platform by visiting www.thehealthofthepeople.com today!
- I’m still in my doctoral program and have been adjusting to social distancing and online classes in the academic world.
- I have started a HypnoSomatic Acupuncture certification that will allow me to offer online and in-person hypnotherapy sessions for many different conditions and goals. Stay tuned for more details to come.
- I have other product and online offerings in the works and will keep you posted as those blossom into reality!
I am committed to providing you the best care possible, which includes putting the safety of my patients first. As new information or measures are put in place, I will keep you up to date.
Thank you so much for all of your calls and messages of support. It means the world to me to hear from you. As always, I welcome your questions and insight, so please feel free to reach out if you need anything.
Until we are able to safely meet in person, be well.
Laura E. Cox, MSOM, NFMP, LAc, LMT
Acupuncture & Wellness of Wisconsin